- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the peanut butter, shortening, and brown sugar. Stir in the
egg, milk and almond extract. Sift together the all-purpose flour, rye flour, baking soda and salt, add to the creamed mixture
and mix until just combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Drop cookies by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes
in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheets before removing to wire
racks to cool completely.
Submitted by Greg L.